We make delicious food from around the world whilst creating a path to employment
We make delicious food from around the world whilst creating a path to employment for people granted asylum in Lewisham. No matter who you are we all have one thing in common – the need for good food and good jobs!
Come have authentic homemade Ukrainian food with us at The Albany, Deptford on Wednesdays and Thursdays 11am - 3pm
Visit the shop
From exquisite jams and produce to beautiful handcrafted art
Who we are
Learn about Refugee Cafe's history and meet the team
Join our events
Come and say hello at one of the Refugee Cafe events
Refugee Cafe will:
- Create living wage employment for a team of refugee chefs
- Provide food-and-work skills training to support refugees into Hospitality jobs
- Boost the economy by investing 100% of profits into our charity mission
- Celebrate food cultures in Lewisham with a healthy exciting menu
- Rejuvenate our borough by hosting community events, workshops and feasts
Celebrate the culinary
cultures of Lewisham
All our delicious products are made using traditional recipes by people who have asylum here. You can find our products in local shops, meet us at our markets or 'click and collect' from our online shop...
Why is this project needed?
Unemployment rate for refugees is four times higher than the national average
Employment is the first priority for integration
Lewisham is offering a home to 100 families who have gained Asylum by 2022